I recently received a surprise package in the mail and squealed when I opened it… for a few reasons.
1. It was a surprise.
2. It was a big box.
3. The enclosed card couldn’t have been any sweeter – complete with a personalized poem (made me well up).
4. When I opened it I saw the most adorable green polka dotted box filled with goodies**
5. My best friend was asking me to stand by her side as her matron of honor. Such an honor.
**Goodies included post-it note explanations (typical Colby, her life is run by post-its):
- Champagne – because there is a LOT to celebrate.
- Earplugs – for when I just can’t take another minute of wedding related talk (not possible).
- Chapstick – because I’m obsessed and can’t perform my duties with chapped lips.
- Tissues – because obviously I’m going to cry when I see her all in white.
- Advil – for headaches caused for hours of discussing colors, themes, songs, fonts, invites, veils and more.
- Notebook – to keep track of the bride’s wish lists, ideas plus shower & bachelorette party planning.
How adorable, creative and thoughtful is that? Colbs, I’m honored to be your co-moh and have BIG heels to fill. You were the world’s best MOH and I’ll try my best to return the favor… thank goodness I have a co-pilot (yay, Ashton)!
Today some of the fun stuff began…. I went bridesmaid dress shopping with a girlfriend at a charming little bridal boutique in Old Town Scottsdale (and not gonna lie, it was SO fun and a little nostalgic to be back in a bridal shop)! Sadly, the bride and I don’t live in the same state but we make it work. Thank goodness for iPhone cameras.