we’re not big on sweets around here, but there are definitely those times i’ll get a craving for a brownie, cupcake or slice of cake. these cravings typically come after 9pm and making a cake for one is a little ridiculous and a guarantee to over indulge.
introducing…. cake in a cup. yup. you can make your own slice of cake in less than 2 minutes.
my mother in law’s friend passed this recipe along and everyone was pretty skeptical, but i’m here to show you that it actually works.
here’s what you need:
- 1 box angel food cake mix
– 1 box other cake mix (devil’s food is what it said & i used, but i think any would work)
– mix both dry mixes together & store in an airtight container
when you get a craving:
– grab a coffee mug
– stir together 3 tablespoons of mix + 1 tablespoon of water
– microwave for 1 minute
– remove, add frosting & eat
swear. insane right? too good to be true? it isn’t. enjoy.